Monday, November 13, 2017

Lest We Forget


How grateful am I, to all of the men and women who fought for our freedom! Words will never be able to express my appreciation and sorrow for those who lost their lives, so that the rest of us can enjoy peace and liberty. Thank you.

I will always remember.
I spent this past Remembrance Day in one of my favorite places - on top of a mountain. In spite of me being into the third week of this stupid, stupid head cold, Chris and I toodled out to Canmore and enjoyed a few days in the snow-covered Rockies. The main item on the agenda was a wintery hike to the summit of Ha Ling peak.


Driving the back roads.

Check out the cool ridge of clouds!

Ahhhh, what a view!

The temps on Saturday were reasonable as we got a crack of noon start..... LOL....











There was a surprising amount of snow, which made my new trail crampons (shout out to Hillsound - I just bought the Ultras) the best purchase of the season so far. And in true Ha Ling style, the top was chilly and breezy, so we didn't hang out there for very long. The moderately sketchy descent returned us to the parking lot by about 4pm, and a late lunch downtown followed by rum and a soak in the hot tub rounded out the beauty day!

Now it's back to work for a short stint and then we're off to Vancouver, to celebrate Kristen's graduation. She moved to the big city last year to go to college, and as of this week she is officially a graduate of the Blanche MacDonald Pro Hair School. Woot! Should be a super fun celebration - I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers!



No comments: